Meditation Spot

Meditation Spot
My Meditation Spot

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Opening to the Infinite

What I find most difficult to let go of is linearity. The theory of reality that says the universe is a logical, rational system of cause and effect. It's a nice theory. But it just doesn't work. We can walk a spiritual path taking one step after another in what we think is a reasonable method, our sadana, our path.
But then something happens and we find we are not on the path we thought we were on, we are not in the place we thought we were, we are further along or further behind, and we are heartened or disheartened...then it happens, we have a moment when we see it isn't about linear progress, it's about letting go...it's not understandable, it's not logical, our awakening just Is, that Isness may not follow the prescribed path, one foot after another...because at some point we stop walking and stat to fly, and when we fly all bets are off, we are flying! And the nice mechanical, linear, rational path we thought we were on gets blown apart. We find we are somewhere else than we thought we were, or thought we ever could be. I've realized it's not about reason, it's about grace.
Thank you my teachers for showing the way, for helping me see past the fear to letting go of my strength, the intellect...Now, have flown with my own wings...we are the seekers, we are the walkers and we are the path...it was there all the time...now I am at the right altitude to see it...and to see that the path never ends, just as we, ourselves never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment